There is a job opportunity of Advisor (international student advisor) at the University of Ottawa.
Introduction to Opportunity: Guides international students through university, both undergraduate and graduate, advising and supporting them to help them integrate and succeed academically. Assists in identifying and analyzing their needs and in designing, coordinating and delivering programs and workshops to successfully integrate them. Provides immigration counselling for University students and works with University authorities to harmonize academic regulations with immigration law.
Education & Experience Required:
- -Bachelor’s degree
- -Two years’ experience in team supervision
- -Experience in counselling or otherwise supporting a student clientele
- -Completion of International Students and Immigration Education Program (ISIEP) or commitment to complete the ISIEP; alternately, Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) accreditation
- -Knowledge of undergraduate and graduate studies in general (basic academic regulations, degree requirements, prerequisites and course descriptions)
- -Extensive experience in revising, interpreting, communicating and applying procedures and policies to individual cases varying in complexity
- -Knowledge of major foreign education systems (French, British, etc.)
- -Experience in bilingual administrative writing
- -Ability to understand and interpret client needs
- -Experience in mentoring or coaching
- -Ability to inform, advise and interact with clients and various individuals at a peer level or higher
- -Ability to manage a large work volume within strict deadlines
- -Interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- -Ability to work in a team and closely collaborate with other stakeholders
- -Ability to use computer systems and software such as student information systems, Talisma, Windows, word processors, databases, email and the internet
- -Good judgment, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- -Tactfulness, diplomacy and professionalism
- -Bilingualism: French and English (spoken and written); knowledge of other languages an asset
Key Responsibilities of Vacancy of International Student Advisor at the University of Ottawa
- -Planning: Organize in time a series of actions or events in order to achieve an objective or a project. Plan and organize own work and priorities in regular daily activities.
- -Initiative: Demonstrate creativity and initiative to suggest improvements and encourage positive results. Be proactive and self-starting. Show availability and willingness to go above and beyond expectations whenever possible.
- -Service Excellence: Reflect a positive attitude, demonstrate competence and professionalism, treat members of the community with respect, exercise care, devote full attention and find solutions. (Visit the section “Useful links” on the home page to read the detailed definition).
- -Teamwork and Cooperation: Cooperate and work well with other members of the team to reach common goal. Accept and give constructive feedback. Adjust own behavior to reach team goals.
Salary and facilities offered:
- The range of hiring salary is $70,347-$88,861
- Hours per week: 35
Deadline of Applications: the closing date is on March 21, 2021
Additional Information on International Student Advisor Vacancy
Diversity Statement: The University of Ottawa embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are passionate about our people and committed to employment equity. We foster a culture of respect, teamwork and inclusion, where collaboration, innovation, and creativity fuel our quest for research and teaching excellence. While all qualified persons are invited to apply, we welcome applications from qualified Indigenous persons, racialized persons (visible minorities members), persons with disabilities, women and LGBTQI2SA persons. The University is committed to creating and maintaining an accessible, barrier-free work environment. The University is also committed to working with applicants with disabilities requesting accommodation during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes. Applicants with disabilities may contact email@example.com to communicate the accommodation need. Note: if this is a union position: The hiring process will be governed by the current collective agreement related to the union affiliation noted above; you can click here to find out more.
Full Details on UoO Website: click to apply