There is an opportunity of ELT Programmer Job at Information Technology Department of the University of Ottawa.
Introduction to Opportunity of ELT Programmer Job:
Evaluates user business and software requirements and develops new or enhance existing and off-the-shelf computer applications. Is assigned small projects of limited duration or may participate in a designated portion of a larger project under supervision. Is focused on meeting user needs and improving the efficiency of the University’s operations through system and software solutions.
The University has been recognized as one of the National Capital Region’s top employers in 2020. The main campus, located at the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core, gives you access to a range of services, including fitness facilities and popular food outlets. As an employee, you will be working in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, respect and appreciation. To encourage you to feel at home, the University has created a work environment that promotes health and well-being and facilitates a healthy work-life balance.
Information Technology is a dynamic and collaborative environment. We are focused on prioritizing and optimizing technological investments that facilitate the best student experience, as well as the activities of faculty, researchers and staff. Our greatest strength are the people working with us. People like you, professionals eager to flex their intellectual muscle and achieve new heights in their career. Working here gives you access to a great IT environment, rich with a diverse range of platforms, products, and services. This is a place where innovative ideas are welcome.
In a nutshell: working here is challenging and rewarding. It’ll bring out the best of you. We want people that have the drive to advance IT in higher education. We have the technologies to keep your inner fires burning, and benefits that can help you sustain a better lifestyle. And all this minutes away from gyms, the Byward Market, downtown, and the Rideau Canal at lunch time for runners and skaters.
Education & Experience Required for ELT Programmer Job:
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the development and implementation of system and software programs
- Experience in Information Services, preferably in support of BI solutions
- Experience in a complex and diverse IT environment demonstrating experience in project planning, risk analysis and project management,
- Mastering of the tools of the Microsoft BI suite (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server 2014-2016)
- Expertise in SQL programming
- Knowledge of databases (e.g., DB2, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Demonstrated experience of BI architect concepts, including modeling and technology selection and implementation.
- Experience in working with Agile methodology.
- Demonstrated understanding of data warehouse concepts (ODS, DW, DM, BI OLAP, ETL, metadata).
- Knowledge of big data and cloud technology Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of University policies, guidelines and standards regarding system and software development and deployment.
- Knowledge of and experience with programming tools, languages, techniques and industry standards and best practices.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing programs.
- Analytical skills to diagnose debug and repair programming issues.
- Ability to proactively keep abreast of new/emerging technologies.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to users.
- Bilingualism – both French and English (spoken and written).
-Planning: Organize in time a series of actions or events in order to achieve an objective or a project. Plan and organize own work and priorities in regular daily activities.
-Initiative: Demonstrate creativity and initiative to suggest improvements and encourage positive results. Be proactive and self-starting. Show availability and willingness to go above and beyond expectations whenever possible.
-Service Excellence: Reflect a positive attitude, demonstrate competence and professionalism, treat members of the community with respect, exercise care, devote full attention and find solutions. (Visit the section “Useful links” on the home page to read the detailed definition).
-Teamwork and Cooperation: Cooperate and work well with other members of the team to reach common goal. Accept and give constructive feedback. Adjust own behaviour to reach team goals.
Salary and facilities:
The hiring salary rang is $70,942-$88,206
Hours per week : 35
Deadline of Applications for ELT Programmer Job: the closing date is on March 28, 2021
Additional information on ELT Programmer Job
Diversity Statement: The University of Ottawa embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are passionate about our people and committed to employment equity. We foster a culture of respect, teamwork and inclusion, where collaboration, innovation, and creativity fuel our quest for research and teaching excellence. While all qualified persons are invited to apply, we welcome applications from qualified Indigenous persons, racialized persons (visible minorities members), persons with disabilities, women and LGBTQI2SA persons. The University is committed to creating and maintaining an accessible, barrier-free work environment. The University is also committed to working with applicants with disabilities requesting accommodation during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes. Applicants with disabilities may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate the accommodation need.
Note: if this is a union position: The hiring process will be governed by the current collective agreement related to the union affiliation noted above; you can click here to find out more.
Full Details on UoO Website: click to apply